Our Ayurvedic Cultured Ghee is made in small batches from butter churned from cultured organic cream yogurt. Ghee is the deeply nourishing core essence of milk. It has all of butter’s micronutrients and antioxidants but lacks the water, milk casein, and lactose. Compared to the ghee widely available on the market, our cultured ghee is much lighter and easier to digest. It helps repair the lining of the gut, nourish the skin and the brain, and more. Having a smoke point of 485℉, ghee is an excellent oil for cooking, roasting, or pan frying.
Some Healing Benefits of Ghee:
*as described in the Charaka Samhita and other Sanskrit texts
- Supports the brain’s functions of learning, retention, and recall
- Aids in healing the lining of the gut
- Promotes overall longevity
- Enhances complexion and glow of the face and body
- Provides sustaining energy
- Produces healthy bile by supporting the liver
- Helps decrease bad cholesterol
- Regulates fat metabolism
How to Use It:
- Ghee’s smoke point is 485°F, making it an ideal base oil for boiling, sautéing, roasting, baking, and pan frying.
- Melt the ghee on medium-low heat to pan fry spices, flatbreads, patties, and pancakes or to sauté vegetables. Protect it from smoking and burning because burned ghee is very unhealthy and should be discarded.
- Never reuse ghee (or any oil!) that is left over from cooking.
- Discard rancid ghee (whitish in color).
- Yes, you may spread it on hot toast!
Divya taught us how to make ghee correctly but I like to order directly from her store. You can taste and feel all the love and care put into it!
I used to make my own ghee, thinking it was enough. After seeing the video about how cultured ghee is made, I’ll never go back to making my own. All the love and compassion that goes into making real ghee, along with the cultures, I could not possibly replicate the beauty of real ghee.
I was introduced to the benefits of ghee about 6 months ago. Not knowing much at all about ghee, I bought whatever brand I could find - and find I did. One was especially horrible and grainy. Then I stumbled upon yours in a Google search, read and believed what you wrote about it being healthier than the rest. I ordered my first jar with a slight amount of fear, having already found several brands that were distasteful. You can only imagine the delight on my face when I took the first bite. I love it! Thank you for the love and care that goes into your cultured Ghee!!
This ghee adds another dimension of flavor from the usual olive oil I use for my kitchari. Absolutely worth it. Decadent.
Excellent. Great favor and texture. Perfect for my kitchen.