Our Ayurvedic Cultured Ghee is made in small batches from butter churned from cultured organic cream yogurt. Ghee is the deeply nourishing core essence of milk. It has all of butter’s micronutrients and antioxidants but lacks the water, milk casein, and lactose. Compared to the ghee widely available on the market, our cultured ghee is much lighter and easier to digest. It helps repair the lining of the gut, nourish the skin and the brain, and more. Having a smoke point of 485℉, ghee is an excellent oil for cooking, roasting, or pan frying.
Some Healing Benefits of Ghee:
*as described in the Charaka Samhita and other Sanskrit texts
- Supports the brain’s functions of learning, retention, and recall
- Aids in healing the lining of the gut
- Promotes overall longevity
- Enhances complexion and glow of the face and body
- Provides sustaining energy
- Produces healthy bile by supporting the liver
- Helps decrease bad cholesterol
- Regulates fat metabolism
How to Use It:
- Ghee’s smoke point is 485°F, making it an ideal base oil for boiling, sautéing, roasting, baking, and pan frying.
- Melt the ghee on medium-low heat to pan fry spices, flatbreads, patties, and pancakes or to sauté vegetables. Protect it from smoking and burning because burned ghee is very unhealthy and should be discarded.
- Never reuse ghee (or any oil!) that is left over from cooking.
- Discard rancid ghee (whitish in color).
- Yes, you may spread it on hot toast!
I am enjoying using ghee as I am new to Ayurvadic cooking. I feel that this ghee is the high quality I have been looking for after buying several others.
I know how labor-intensive it is to make this ghee, but it is so worth it. Nothing like it on the market...I feared that when I left NYC I would have to suffer without it - thank goodness for mailorder!
If you are serious about using quality products for your health, this is the only ghee for you. No other product comes close! Please note the secret ingredients: love and attention. (Ingredients not easily found these days outside of your own kitchen.) It really is the best of the best.
I have tried ghee from many different places and this is by far THE BEST. It is so silky smooth, buttery, rich, full of flavor, and also full of love and care. I use it to sauté my spices and veggies in; I add some to my evening milk; I mix it in to add more unctuousness; and I use it in just about everything else. I have made ghee using the process detailed in Divya's cookbook and for what the process involves to make it the right way, the price is well worth every bit of ghee you get!
OMG the purest, richest, most mouth-watering flavor!! This true golden organic ghee is incredibly addictive! Seriously, the best ghee ever and I've tried a few different brands. I add it by the tablespoons to my Khichari and Soothing Mung Soup. I blew through one jar in a week and bought 3 more for good measure. It is wildly flavorful and adds the most perfect, most pure taste. This is the only ghee I'd ever buy from now on!