Our Ayurvedic Cultured Ghee is made in small batches from butter churned from cultured organic cream yogurt. Ghee is the deeply nourishing core essence of milk. It has all of butter’s micronutrients and antioxidants but lacks the water, milk casein, and lactose. Compared to the ghee widely available on the market, our cultured ghee is much lighter and easier to digest. It helps repair the lining of the gut, nourish the skin and the brain, and more. Having a smoke point of 485℉, ghee is an excellent oil for cooking, roasting, or pan frying.
Contains 8 oz / Weight 14.2 oz
Some Healing Benefits of Ghee:
*as described in the Charaka Samhita and other Sanskrit texts
- Supports the brain’s functions of learning, retention, and recall
- Aids in healing the lining of the gut
- Promotes overall longevity
- Enhances complexion and glow of the face and body
- Provides sustaining energy
- Produces healthy bile by supporting the liver
- Helps decrease bad cholesterol
- Regulates fat metabolism
How to Use It:
- Ghee’s smoke point is 485°F, making it an ideal base oil for boiling, sautéing, roasting, baking, and pan frying.
- Melt the ghee on medium-low heat to pan fry spices, flatbreads, patties, and pancakes or to sauté vegetables. Protect it from smoking and burning because burned ghee is very unhealthy and should be discarded.
- Never reuse ghee (or any oil!) that is left over from cooking.
- Discard rancid ghee (whitish in color).
- Yes, you may spread it on hot toast!